Apple macOS 10.15 Catalina Compatibility
October 10, 2019
As part of our commitment to support new versions of the Apple OS and continued testing throughout the Mac OS Beta cycle, our R&D team has confirmed the compatibility of the released version of Catalina with Vectorworks 2019SP5 and 2020SP1. As always, please be cautious with this upgrade and make sure your other critical applications, print drivers, Space Navigators, and other devices are compatible as well.
August 27, 2019
Since Apple released the beta for the new macOS 10.15 Catalina in June, our engineers have been working diligently to determine how it would affect the performance of Vectorworks 2019 and Vectorworks 2020. On August 19, 2019, we received Catalina beta 6 and were able to test Vectorworks 2019 SP5.1 and our upcoming release of Vectorworks 2020 SP0 and verify all previously reported issues have been resolved.
In accordance with our commitment to quality and performance, see below for the latest updates. And feel free to download Vectorworks 2019 SP5.1 — specifically geared toward improving your experience with our software.
PLEASE NOTE: Before upgrading your version of Vectorworks, check back here often to get the full scope of Apple macOS Catalina’s official compatibility — it’s currently only available as betas and will not be publicly available until Fall 2019.
Resolved Issues: All of the issues that were previously reported have been fixed:
- Crash when using color picker
- Vectorworks 2019 takes a long time to launch
- Tool Set icons showing incorrectly
- Crash on startup introduced with Catalina beta 4
- Missing Viewports with Vectorworks 2019 test file
- Object Info Palette flickering
Open Issues: We have been able to expand testing to our beta testers. The increased testing has revealed the following issues. These issues affect Vectorworks 2019 SP5.1 and the upcoming release of Vectorworks 2020 SP0. The issues with a report ID, (FB…….), have been reported to Apple and we expect these to be resolved with the final release of Catalina.
- (FB6603934) Mac 10.15 Catalina, printing 1bit per pixel bitmap colored with none fill loses color.
- (FB6603934) Color Images Are Rendered as Monochrome Using PostScript Print output from the Preview Application
- (FB6974838) MacBook Machines with AMD/Intel Iris Graphics Adapters may become momentarily unresponsive when palette docking